We welcome anyone who would like to be a member of the museum. The Museum’s growth depends upon members willing to volunteer their time and energy to work with various projects. Although membership does not automatically bring a working commitment, there are opportunities to get involved in many areas of work and service, whatever your interests might be. Some members provide support to the museum by their dues and financial donations. Others are able to assist with various projects from hosting; working with youth; radio and television interviews; writing; research about aircraft, aviators, and military veterans; creation of displays; administration; advertising, public speaking; mechanics; general and specialized aircraft maintenance; pilot; engineer; security; restoration and preservation; transportation; wood working; art; sewing; tour guides; photography; video creation and editing; public relations; word processing; history; and website development and maintenance. If you would like to know more about membership or to become a member, contact Membership Director Phil Mastrolia at the museum by calling 309.663.7632 or emailing Tom Kuhn at [email protected]. We look forward to meeting with you and sharing the story of the Prairie Aviation Museum. We will be happy to assign a mentor to you to help answer your questions and explore how you can use your talents to help the museum.
The following list represents many of the benefits of being a member of PAM:
- Free admission to the Museum
- 20% discount on Museum Gift Shop purchases
- Receive the bi-monthly newsletter The Logbook and the monthly The Navigator’s Log
- Participation in an organization dedicated to educating, entertaining and inspiring others about aviation.
- Affiliation with Central Illinois’ finest aviation museum.
- Opportunity to share personal aviation experience and interests with others
- Personal satisfaction of investing in an educational organization dedicated to preserving aviation history
- Satisfying community service
- The camaraderie of aviation
- Tours of other aviation museums and aviation organizations